We did 52 hours this time last year, but this time was our niece’s wedding in western New Mexico. So Lea was gone for about 130 hours: Wednesday morning through Monday night. Here are five things we learned:
- Nathan’s dog Molly is capable of “grumpy.” We’d seen sad before, but this time Lea was just gone too long. Molly would gaze hopefully at the door, and when it wasn’t her mommy who came through it, her face fell and she wandered off to lie down. She wasn’t having any of you trying to play with her at that moment.
- The boys don’t necessarily pick poorly if you leave the menu to them. They chose salmon and asparagus for me to make for dinner last night.
- The first college football weekend was a great thing. It gave us a schedule.
- Inexplicably, both boys were ready for school with considerably less drama and more time to spare than when Lea is directing. As they sat reading with 20 minutes to go before departure, and only needing to put their shoes on, I asked “why can’t you guys do this for your mother?” Shrugs.
- I didn’t sleep any better without her the fifth night than I did the first.
Welcome home, Lea. We missed you.
I am officially on BoWilliams.com posting hiatus until Tuesday, September 2. Want something to read?
Thank you for reading BoWilliams.com, folks. I really appreciate it. I’ll be around on Twitter this weekend if you just can’t bear the thought of being without me for so long.
…and there’s nothing there but friends, family, tasty food, favored libations, football games, the IndyCar World Championships, and a 72-hour breather. Go find some of that yourself. Thank you for reading BoWilliams.com.
Hello, football. Nice to see you. Did you know Aldous Huxley and C.S. Lewis both died November 22, 1963, the day JFK was assassinated? I didn’t. I see a particular vehicle on my morning commute maybe monthly. We’ll be together, or close to each other, but our routes diverge when she takes what she thinks [...]
My thoughts alphabetically by team, with non-team-specific thoughts at the end: Akron wins enough to lose Terry Bowden. He’ll have a better job next year. Alabama wins the SEC. I think the quarterback issue settles itself, the o-line jells, and it’s off to the races. Auburn returns to form. That means 8-4 or so, with [...]
BoWilliams.com is using WP-Gravatar